Sunday 25 March 2012

MEGA RECORDS - Record Label Logo

This is my record label logo that I created using Photoshop CS3 (Extended) for my record label, 'MEGA RECORDS'. 

The silhouette-like megaphone is wedged into the mouth (imitating a cigarette being smoked - exuding a causal vibe) and contrasts with the vibrant, lively and animated red lips. The imagery symbolises 'MEGA RECORDS' 'broadcasting' the fresh talent of uprising stars (such as Olly Patriarca) to the world. Furthermore, to create the text I used the sans-serif font 'Impact' as I was aiming for a simplistic yet statement design. However, I discovered the 'Text Warp' tool which enabled me to distort the text to fit the shape of the lips and in turn, gives it a funky retro 1960's quality, reflecting the nature of 'MEGA RECORDS' - a label that works with artists who maintain a modern style combined with a nostalgic, retro edge.

No comments:

Post a Comment