Thursday 29 March 2012

Problems & Solutions: Digipak Construction Process

  • Most of the photos from the 'Digipak Photoshoot' were naturally portrait and unfortunately when applied to a 14cmx12.5cm digipak template on Photoshop CS3 (Extended), they would become over-compressed and the dimensions were very noticeably out of proportion. Therefore, I compiled a shortlist of purely landscape photos of my artist and from this, selected the finalised choice for the digipak album artwork.
  • Not being too familiar with Photoshop, it was quite time-consuming to adjust to the overwhelming functionality of the software. However, I came to discover that sheer experimentation/trial and error was the way forward and through combining the subtle enhancements Photoshop can produce (as opposed to an over-use of effects which can appear ammatur) with the user-friendly Photoscape and Picasa, I was able to create a product which had a definite air of professionalism and simplistic beauty about it.
  • Probably the most annoying aspect about my Photoshop was that it decided to create a glitch within itself half-way through the construction process and would often freeze and consequently, lose all of my work. This taught me that you can never hit the 'save' button too many times!

No comments:

Post a Comment